Red Kamala Powder (Mallotus Philippensis)
Red Kamala is botanically known as Mallotus philippensis. The fruits of Red Kamala is famous for its colouring properties. It is regarded as one of the world’s important natural dyes. The colour is extracted from the red powder covering of
the seed capsules, and it can be red, orange, or yelow depending on how it is treated.
When used on hair, Red Kamala powder helps to protect colour and promote hair growth.
Kamala powder is extracted from the fruit of the kamala tree and is used as a hair dye, that lends the strands a beautiful cool red tone with fuchsia undertones.
It may be used with Henna Powder or Indigo Powder to achieve different shades of red or burgundy colours. The Antifungal, Antimicrobial and Antiparasitic properties help to treat Fungal and Parasitic Infections of the scalp.
Benefits of Red Kamala for Hair
- Colours your hair naturally
- Helps treat scalp infections
- Prevents hair damage
How to colour hair using Red Kamala Powder:
- Place the powder in a bowl and mix the powder with water
- Warm the paste by placing the bowl in warm water
- Stir continuously until a soft, smooth paste is formed
- Other plant powders like Henna Powder or Indigo Powder can be added depending on the colour required
- Set the paste aside to cool and apply on the hair
- Let it set for 1 - 2 hours and rinse thoroughly